ENO invites schools to participate in ENO Weather Week to make weather observations again! The week for observations is 1-5 Feb 2021 (week 5) and the theme for this Weather week is CHANGEMENT . The project is aimed at new and former participants. The idea of this week is to observe the weather and make notice of the possible changements during the years in a specific area. Former school participants can use the data collected during the years and new participants can discuss the changement for example writing stories about climate change in the area.
ENO Weather Week project page, where the data will be collected, can be found here: https://sites.google.com/a/enoprogramme.org/eno-weather/
Instructions for 1-5 Feb 2021:
1) Check out the online observation form and go through the questions.
2) Get the materials and tools needed: smartphone/tablet or pen and paper for notes, thermometer, air pressure/humidity and rainwater measurement tools … Do your weather measurements at noon or around noon each day.
3) Fill the online observation form with informations and measurement results.
4) Make graphic presentations of the results by using either Google sheets graphic tool or using the digital tools you like or do them by drawing by hand. Creativity is welcomed!
Write a few lines about the subject CHANGEMENT and discuss in it if and how climate change has affected your area. You can include pictures and other data into it.
Use the data collected by your school during the years. Make comparisons of the years by making graphics. Write a few lines about the subject CHANGEMENT and discuss in it if and how climate change has affected your area. You can include pictures and other data into it.
5) Share your observations and stories with the ENO network:
– Send us an email at email@example.com . Join your graphics, texts and photos and videos. We will collect them and publish them on our webpage.
– You can also share your project on social media. Use these ENO hastags:
- Facebook @enoprogramme
- Facebook ENO Teachers (pls note the membership questions when joining)
- Instagram @enoschoolnet
- Twitter @EnoProgramme
Certificates of participation are being given for those who want it. So please let us know if your school wants to have it by communicating it in email.
THANK YOU !
Instruction in PDF format can be found from HERE